Hotel History

The main hotel was built circa 1650 and was once two separate buildings. One half was a pub and the other a ship chandlers' serving the flourishing boat building industry outside the hotel. The two buildings were matched around 1890 to form what is now the hotel.

The Lodge is a Victorian building, built as a waiting room, ticket office and station master's house for the adjacent station by Cambrian Railways. Great Western took over in the 1920's followed by British Rail until the line was closed in 1964 by Dr Beeching. The building was acquired by the hotel in 1977 and extended and renovated to form six bedrooms with private bathrooms.

© 2017 George III Hotel. All rights reserved.